3.7.05

exit real world...in transit...

I said I was going to kill myself if I didn't get out on the road soon, so, in keeping with that I finally pulled the proverbial trigger last week and bought tickets back to Europe after a year in the great decay. Seven days of frenzied preperation later I was hauling my boxed-up bike around Mitchell International, the first of six airports I would enter on my way back to Sarajevo.

During a busy 24-hour stop in New York City I saw enough friends, consumed enough good food and drink, and saw enough amazing of that paramount American city that it felt as if I was there for days. Of course when it came time to say good-bye to Jennie, I felt like there wasn't enough time in the world. Thanks much for the terrific hospitality Travis and Gabe.

After hastily slogging my boxed-up bike all over JFK I finally made it on my flight to Budapest and onword to Sarajevo.

No comments: